The Ontario Chapter runs local meetings and events attended by energy specialists from all levels of government, utility employees, energy consultants, and educators and students to create opportunities for energy professionals to network in a welcoming and fun setting, fostering camaraderie and professional development.
- June 7th - Carbon Economy Event. Peter Love, was Ontario’s First Energy Conservation Officer, and is a frequent speaker and lecturer on Energy issues, he can be contacted at email@example.com
- Canucks Night in Orlando @ the AESP National Winter Conference
- Panels on low carbon transportation options and electrification infrastructure, along with test drives of BMW’s newest electric cars drove the agenda at our Fall Event in Toronto.
- A Climate Change Panel featuring Green Party MP Elizabeth May, a Tour of ZIBI One Planet Living Development, and a Cruise on the Ottawa River floated our Spring Event in the national capital, with our host LDC Hydro Ottawa.
- Canadian Night at the 2016 National Winter Conference was held at Culinary Dropout in Phoenix in partnership with the MARCh AESP Chapter
- Air Canada Centre Tour and Raptors Game in Toronto on November 10, 2015
- Niagara Wine tour at the Summer National Conference in Niagara Falls (Ontario) was held at Jackson Triggs Estates in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- New and Old Tours of Hiram Walker Distillery and David Suzuki School in Windsor, along with a panel on Cap and Trade implications for CDM/DSM in Ontario was hosted by EnWin Utilities and centred at Caesar’s Casino Windsor
- Canadian night at the 2015 National Winter Conference was held at Minus 5 Ice Bar in Orlando. All who attended had a great time making new connections and creatively staying warm. Thank you to our sponsors, Summerhill, London Hydro and ecobee
- An intimate group gathered to hear about recent lighting upgrades at LCBO stores across Ontario and sample some local VQA wines at the Summerhill LCBO. Sonepar graciously sponsored the event
- Members were invited to attend a behind the scenes tour of Ripley’s Aquarium in Toronto followed by an evening of networking at Canada’s greenest independent brewery, Steam Whistle. Thanks to CLEAResult who sponsored this event
- Members who were able to join us in San Diego as the 2014 National Conference were treated to dinner at Café Sevilla and attended our AGM over the noon hour
- Harvesting Ideas: Ontario AESP’s Fall 2013 event was held in Kitchener and focused on the start-up tech sector and growing ideas. Thanks to all who attended and our sponsors
- Capturing the Energy in Niagara: Ontario AESP Chapter's Energy Industry Round Table Mixer was held on May 30, 2013
- The Ontario Chapter held its first election
- The Ontario Chapter’s first meeting attracted about 50 members last November to the breezy rooftop patio of The Thompson Hotel, where good food and drinks were matched inside by the company, conversations and view (see photo). Erika Lontoc introduced the organization, its first Executive, and 2012 goals of building a networking organization dedicated to promoting the energy-efficiency profession and its various programs in Ontario. Most of the work so far has taken place by conference call, including planning for the May 3 launch event and providing local support for the AESP Summer Conference this July 30-31 at the Toronto Downtown Marriott
- The first open meeting of the Ontario Chapter went far beyond expectations. There was representation from all parts of the sector – electricity and gas utilities, Ministry of Energy, evaluators, implementers, consultants, regulator, marketers, supply chain… From the speaker (Gord Miller, the Environmental Commissioner of Ontario) to the venue (Bier market in downtown Toronto) the planning and delivery were superb