The Ontario Chapter runs local meetings and events attended by energy specialists from all levels of government, utility employees, energy consultants, and educators and students to create opportunities for energy professionals to network in a welcoming and fun setting, fostering camaraderie and professional development.
2023 Ontario Chapter Events
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Energy Sector
Niagara Falls, ON — Thursday, June 8th
Join AESP Ontario and StepUp for an event focused on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Energy Sector!
The Ontario Chapter of the Association of Energy Service Professionals is excited to join forces with StepUp to host this showcase event discussing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in the Energy Sector on Thursday June 8th in Niagara Falls, Ontario. In addition, the event will feature a tour of the Niagara Parks Power Station, where it all began, and plenty of opportunities to network with energy service professionals.
Participants will learn more about how systemic barriers for marginalized groups get in the way of both inclusive career development and abilities to participate in our programming in the marketplace, and what leaders in the sector can do about it. Our speaker line up includes:
* StepUp will share an overview of their Energy Sector EDI Baseline Study.
* Mihskakwan James Harper, Business Development Manager at NRStor Inc. will share about his experiences with community engagement in energy projects and his lived experiences.
* More speakers to be announced shortly!
After the learning session, join us for a tour of the Niagara Parks Power Station, and as always, there will be plenty of networking opportunities in the evening, including dinner at the Niagara Brewing Company.
Location: Sheraton Fallsview Hotel, Niagara Falls, ON
* 9:00 am – 10:00 am – Registration and morning networking
* 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Presentations
* 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm – Lunch
* 1:15 pm – 1:45 pm – Travel to Niagara Parks Power Station (15-min walk)
* 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Niagara Parks Power Station Tour
* 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Niagara Brewing Company (next to Sheraton Fallsview Hotel)
* 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Networking Social
* 6:00 pm – Dinner
2023 AESP Events
AESP Summer Conference: Stepping on the Tech Accelerator
Indianapolis, IN, August 22 – August 24, 2023
AESP ON Fall Event TBD
Stay tuned for more exciting event information coming soon!
- Certificate of Excellence – DSM Program Management – Phoenix, AZ, April 24 – April 27, 2023
- AESP Annual Conference: Doing Everything Differently – New Orleans, Feb 27 – Mar 2, 2023
- 2022 Election – November 30 – December 9, 2022
- Planning the Energy Resilient Community of Tomorrow, Today – London, ON, November 3, 2022
- 10th Anniversary Celebration! – June 16, 2022
- 2021 Election – November 16 – November 26, 2021
- The Quest for the Emerald City, Part Two – Sustainable Growth is Mission Possible, June 2, 2021
- The Quest for the Emerald City, Part One – Think Global, Act Local, April 21, 2021
- AESP Ontario Chapter Winter Event: Future Focus – December 10, 2020
- Virtual Chapter Social Event – September 24, 2020
- Speaker Series – Fall Event – November 26, 2019
- June 6th, 2018 – Disruptive Innovation Summit
- February 19th, 2018 – Canuck Night – AESP National Conference Crawfish Boil – In the Big Easy
- June 7th – Carbon Economy Event. Peter Love was Ontario’s First Energy Conservation Officer and is a frequent speaker and lecturer on Energy issues; he can be contacted at [email protected]
- Canucks Night in Orlando @ the AESP National Winter Conference
- Panels on low carbon transportation options and electrification infrastructure, along with test drives of BMW’s newest electric cars drove the agenda at our Fall Event in Toronto.
- A Climate Change Panel featuring Green Party MP Elizabeth May, a Tour of ZIBI One Planet Living Development, and a Cruise on the Ottawa River floated our Spring Event in the national capital, with our host LDC Hydro Ottawa.
- Canadian Night at the 2016 National Winter Conference was held at Culinary Dropout in Phoenix in partnership with the MARCh AESP Chapter
- Air Canada Centre Tour and Raptors Game in Toronto on November 10, 2015
- Niagara Wine tour at the Summer National Conference in Niagara Falls (Ontario) was held at Jackson Triggs Estates in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- New and Old Tours of Hiram Walker Distillery and David Suzuki School in Windsor, along with a panel on Cap and Trade implications for CDM/DSM in Ontario was hosted by EnWin Utilities and centred at Caesar’s Casino Windsor
- Canadian night at the 2015 National Winter Conference was held at Minus 5 Ice Bar in Orlando. All who attended had a great time making new connections and creatively staying warm. Thank you to our sponsors, Summerhill, London Hydro and ecobee
- An intimate group gathered to hear about recent lighting upgrades at LCBO stores across Ontario and sample some local VQA wines at the Summerhill LCBO. Sonepar graciously sponsored the event
- Members were invited to attend a behind the scenes tour of Ripley’s Aquarium in Toronto followed by an evening of networking at Canada’s greenest independent brewery, Steam Whistle. Thanks to CLEAResult who sponsored this event
- Members who were able to join us in San Diego as the 2014 National Conference were treated to dinner at Café Sevilla and attended our AGM over the noon hour
- Harvesting Ideas: Ontario AESP’s Fall 2013 event was held in Kitchener and focused on the start-up tech sector and growing ideas. Thanks to all who attended and our sponsors
- Capturing the Energy in Niagara: Ontario AESP Chapter’s Energy Industry Round Table Mixer was held on May 30, 2013
- The Ontario Chapter held its first election
- The Ontario Chapter’s first meeting attracted about 50 members last November to the breezy rooftop patio of The Thompson Hotel, where good food and drinks were matched inside by the company, conversations and view (see photo). Erika Lontoc introduced the organization, its first Executive, and 2012 goals of building a networking organization dedicated to promoting the energy-efficiency profession and its various programs in Ontario. Most of the work so far has taken place by conference call, including planning for the May 3 launch event and providing local support for the AESP Summer Conference this July 30-31 at the Toronto Downtown Marriott
- The first open meeting of the Ontario Chapter went far beyond expectations. There was representation from all parts of the sector – electricity and gas utilities, Ministry of Energy, evaluators, implementers, consultants, regulator, marketers, supply chain… From the speaker (Gord Miller, the Environmental Commissioner of Ontario) to the venue (Bier market in downtown Toronto) the planning and delivery were superb